Thursday, August 16, 2012

Cocktail Time

The fabulous Leah B., who lives next door, is home for two weeks.  She's been in Boston since June, working as a camp counselor, and she's headed back at the end of next week to begin her senior year at Tufts University.

We had to catch up!  What to do, where to go?  She decided margaritas sounded good for a lazy summer afternoon, so after a few false starts, we ended up at Cesar's in North Berkeley, sitting at a table outside, drinking margaritas and eating tapas.  I don't usually drink at 3:30 in the afternoon, but what the hell.

Am I a lucky person to be taken into the confidence of twenty-one year old  I've known since she was four?  Yes!  It's the next best thing to having a daughter of my own.  My neighbor Laura did me such a favor having two girls she's always shared with an open heart.

I learned this yesterday:  You do not want to be coping with the current college dating scene.  Many questions arise:  Are you just friends?  With or without "benefits?"  Are you dating, which is a big step even if you've been going out for months, and requires mutual agreement?   I'm glad I'm out of the fray, but I wouldn't mind being gorgeous and 21. 







No comments: