Saturday, September 15, 2012

Does He or Doesn't He?

 
 
I went to San Francisco yesterday for a haircut, and Joseph, the hairdresser,  commented on Mitt Romney's dye job.

"He dyes his hair?" I was aghast.  The guy is such a straight arrow that I could hardly believe it.

"Of course!" said Joseph.  "Look at pictures.  He used to be much more gray."

"But he still has some around the edges," I said. 

"Oh, please!" said Joseph, clipping away.  "I wonder how he manages it so no one knows.  Maybe they dye it while he's  on the campaign plane."

We both burst out laughing.

"Maybe it's his-and-her coloring sessions," he said, since it's obvious that Ann Romney's hair is also dyed.

I came home and read up online.  Everyone but me has known for years. 

"It's the kind of teaser hair that says, 'I'll give you my suave gray sideburns, but I'm not ready to go all the way!' wrote a columnist in Salon.  Romney's long-time stylist says that Mitt likes a "controlled" look. 

And I was just saying to someone yesterday that I like Obama's gray hair, which makes him look weathered and experienced.  Sometimes gray is good.   But not on me. 

No comments: