Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Managerial Mind Needs Some Help

Years ago I heard a woman psychology professor at the University of Washington say that "women have the managerial mind."  No doubt about that today.  I have no choice.

I've got a painter downstairs, a pair of housecleaners working around that disruption, and a sick husband.  The sick husband was born in southern California and has been forever imprinted with a notion of chilly that I do not understand.  No windows open, ever, is his preference.   The painter has just laid down a coat of smelly primer.  I fling open the windows due to the fumes.   The husband whimpers ("This is awful," he said, seeing the kitchen windows open. "It's a gale in here.").

Sonia at work, cheerful and adaptable

The housecleaners are like my sister-wives for the day: sympathetic,       adaptable, humorous. They, of course, have managerial minds.  Here's to you, Sonia and Anabelle, who arrive twice a month and  lighten the load.  I am lucky to have you.

No comments: