Tuesday, November 8, 2011

It's Not Optional!

This morning, reading about the Penn State coach who  (allegedly but there is much evidence) sexually abused numerous young boys, a practice that apparently went on for years even  after campus officials were notified, I asked Jerry if  really it wouldn't be best if this person were marched out and shot.  A more wicked crime I can hardly imagine.  Once again I tried to understand how anyone could hear of such incidents and not immediately call the police.  I have had this thought many, many times while reading about child sexual abuse by Catholic priests and how bishops repeatedly looked the other way.

I think Penn State should now pay for unlimited therapy for these victims, the administrators involved should be fired and perhaps imprisoned, and even the venerable Joe Paterno should go.  Somewhere.  And think about what happened because he didn't follow-up on what an eyewitness confided in him.

These children will never be the same.  They have been violated and robbed.  When is it going to be beyond question that such predators are reported to police?  I just don't understand.

No comments: