Saturday, December 15, 2012

Time Stops


I was in San Francisco yesterday when I heard about the school shootings in Connecticut, and each time I checked the news on my iPhone, it was more and more horrifying.

This morning  I got an e-mail from a schoolteacher I know, giving directions to a Christmas party at her house tomorrow and ending with "Peace on Earth."  Which seems especially poignant coming from a teacher.  It's hard to think of a place less defended than an elementary school. 

Walking around Union Square in something of a daze, Suzanne and I came across the Macy's windows featuring kittens and puppies available for adoption.



Number of pets adopted from the store windows.  Note mailbox to right, stuffed with real letters from children to Santa.
 


An avid admirer
 
 
 
 
A tangle of kittens
 
 



Caught mid-scratch




 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

gladys said...

I want one (all of those kittens)

LizR said...

I wanted 3! So adorable.