Wednesday, December 26, 2012

So Long, Christmas!

 
 
It's 364 days before we have to go through it all again!  Hurray!
 

Jerry and I take lots of walks this time of year. I feel pent-up in the house, what with my activities like the Pantry and pool exercise on hold during the holidays.  Jerry goes along, because he doesn't want to "set around the house all day" [stet].
 
A few days ago, we walked the perimeter of the UC Berkeley campus, starting at Oxford and Hearst, going up the hill past the Daily Cal office to Top Dog, where we had lunch. 
 
We continued up Hearst, past the steps Jerry remembers walking down when he first walked on to the campus as an entering junior  in 1953.   
 
Jerry took a photo of me (above) sitting where I did before my first class at Berkeley--on the steps of  International House in October 1970.  Mark Schorer lectured in the I-House auditorium.

 
Then we walked down Bancroft, past the University Art Museum, which opened during my first quarter at Berkeley.  From my eighth floor dorm window, I'd watched the festivities at its back entrance.

 
We cut across Lower Sproul Plaza and walked back along Oxford to the car.  A sentimental journey and some exercise. 
 
Today we took a walk around Lafayette Reservoir. I like to check up on the ornaments people leave on a particular tree each year:
 
 
 
 


No comments: