Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Just What the Doctor Probably Didn't Order

There are times when nothing but chocolate will do.  And I don't mean a conscientious dose of a few squares of dark chocolate  (can anyone actually DO that?).  I mean  dense, dark chocolate and a lot of it.  It has to be in a sizable bar that I can drive around town eating as soon as I buy it, unwrapping the flimsy foil with eager fingers and breaking off large chunks for immediate gobbling.  

By 3 o'clock this afternoon, after a couple of not-so-good days, feeling tired and mildly depressed,  I gave in and went to the Colusa Market for a bar of my favorite kind, pictured below.


My medicinal chocolate bar of choice
And the gray-and-white fabric  I ran out of?  No quilting pals had any.  I searched online at fabric.com and equilter.com: no luck.  One site came up with 7,000 possibilities when I searched for gray-and-white, including prints of Batman and VW busses that had a lot of other colors, too.  There are some really terrible fabrics out there.

So I ate all but three squares, which I left in the car for the next emergency.

No comments: