Saturday, August 10, 2013

92.5 Pounds of Food


That's how much my small group of contributors donated to the Berkeley Neighborhood Food Project this month.

This morning, I drove the green bags over to the Berkeley Food Pantry, where they were unloaded from my car and weighed.  Thank you, Anne, Val, Claudia, Dee, Karen, and Ann! (Suzanne's on vacation.)   The Project is now contributing 2,000 pounds of food to the Pantry every two months.

The unloaders insisted on taking my picture with one of the bags.  I  was instructed to hold it up "like a trophy" and make sure the writing on it was displayed:





Advice from readers of yesterday's post included a)  smile more,  b) have someone else take the picture, c) don't take pictures of myself from below (mirror shot), and d)  perhaps give up on pictures altogether because they rob a person of animation.  Did two of them.


No comments: