Monday, March 18, 2013

How About A Quilt?






Sawtooth Star, 46" square, 100% cotton


I finally finished  this quilt to benefit the Berkeley Food Pantry!

If someone's willing to make a donation to the Pantry, the quilt is theirs.  Check made out directly to the Pantry, so it's tax-deductible.

A pieced back

It's 100% cotton, machine washable, and 46" square, the perfect size for lap quilt to use while you're reading or watching TV.   It's also a size that will work for a particularly adventurous baby (no pastel pink and blue for this kid).

I pieced it, Angie Woolman machine-quilted it in a pattern of flowers and grass, and I hand-stitched the binding.  For an extra $25, I'll hand-embroider a label for it with the recipient's name and whatever else you'd like (within reason; embroidering is tedious).



The flower pattern

The grass pattern
.
 


Please leave a bid in the comment box, on Facebook, or e-mail me.  If there's competition (oh, please--remember it's a good cause!), I'll post updates.

Winner to be announced on April 1.





No comments: