Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Safe Deposit Box


I still can't upload new photos due to Google engineers taking a long time to sort out a "bug," per Google Support.  

Today I went to the bank to check out what's in our safe deposit box as part of an Overall Assessment of Our Affairs in Case We Die. Turns out the last time I did this was 2005.  Jerry's never visited the box.  Neither of us had any idea what was in it.

What a completely random assortment of stuff I found!  Our heirs would throw up their hands.  A few pieces of jewelry, a beneficiary form with type so faded you can't read the names, eight computer diskettes, two photographs, the pink slip for my car but not one for Jerry's,  a copy of  Jerry's  birth certificate but not mine. An insurance policy dating to 1967 and an appraisal of our house done in 1993.

Back in 2005, I guess this stuff was important.  Now I'm going to look online for lists of suggested items to put in a safe deposit box.  Then it'll be a lot of trouble to gather them.  Then I'll go back to the bank with these things,  and if I'm alive in eight years, I'll probably wonder why the hell I put that stuff in there.

In the meantime, I'll feel organized.


One of the photos I found in the safe deposit box.  My mother, sister, and I at my wedding, 1977.

3 comments:

Ann said...

A new place to store valuables on your next trip tp London town.

Unknown said...

thanks for share information about deposit box

Ameja Jones
bank deposit boxes

Steve Allen said...

Well this interesting concept. I like it. Thank you for posting it.

Steve Allen,
Bank Deposit Box Leicester