Thursday, May 31, 2012

You idot!

A fit a pique this morning over trying to pay a bill online:  After a  lengthy attempt at signing up for online access to my  bill, including two phone calls because the sign-up wasn't working, I managed to tell the computer to pay the bill out of my checking account.  Never had such a problem before.  Great sense of accomplishment.

That was five days ago.  Today I found out the bank didn't accept the account number.  The bill had not been paid.  I had to write an actual check and mail it to Phoenix.  It will probably arrive late, and I'll have to pay interest. 

Needless time-wasting!  Dopes at the bank!  Maddening!   Idots!

Yes, idots.  My sister-in-law once parked too close to someone's driveway and whoever it was left a note on her windshield berating her and finishing up with, "you idot!"   She took this home and showed Jerry's brother.  Both were bemused. 

I have to be careful about adamancy.   Because if you get too worked up, you can lose command of the spelling region of your brain and you look like an idot yourself.  Sputtering is not helpful, either.  I did that on the phone two weeks ago with a United Airlines reservationist.  Counterproductive.

I'm taking deep breaths.

No comments: