Friday, May 18, 2012

Doesn't This Look Inviting?


This was the state of my studio last night, our first day back from Chicago.  On the center shelf of the bookcase, you can see the brown cardboard covers of diaries/scrapbooks from past trips.  The Chicago scrapbook is not ready to join the group.  It needs annotating and organizing.

Note the ingenious idea of using the ironing board as supplementary desk space to park maps/brochures/guidebook/tickets and other detritus I couldn't seem to leave behind in Chicago.  Instead, I packed it up and shipped it in my suitcase, which cost $25 to check:

Detritus packed up and flown home

One task I'm going to get to today:  I tore out pages from the Frommer's guidebook so I wouldn't have to lug the book around town.  Now I'm going to tape all those pages back in.  Oh, yes!  Anyone ready for a trip to Chicago?  I've got a guidebook, a scrapbook, a personal journal, and a travel blog.  As soon as my desk is cleared off, I'm going to put my head down and take a rest.

No comments: