Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Crack of Dawn





This was the view from our deck at 7:10 am today, just after dawn.  The tiny light in the distance is a window in our neighbor's house.  At this point, I'd been up for an hour and 50 minutes.

That's right.  I got up at 5:20 am today, and I have to do this for a week.

This is the instruction of the sleep therapist.  I must decrease my "sleep window," to increase "sleep pressure."  In other words,  I will be so deprived of sleep that when I get into bed I will actually sleep.

For the first hour, I thought I might be dead.  I slumped in a chair and listened to NPR. 

Now I'm waiting for Donald Trump's announcement about Barack Obama that's supposed to be an election-changer.  Although Robert Simon of Politico says, "...Donald Trump couldn't be dumber if you cut his head off."





No comments: