Thursday, October 11, 2012

Gadgets, Widgets, and Paul Ryan

Friends have asked if I'm going to watch tonight's debate between Joe Biden and Paul Ryan. 

No, I am not.

 I think Paul Ryan looks like a demented chipmunk and what comes out of his mouth is so uncharitable, far-fetched,  and socially-Darwinian that I can't put myself through it.

If Hillary were taking him on, I might watch.   Instead,  I'm practicing self-preservation. 

I wish I had yesterday.  The headlines at breakfast threw me into a funk for the rest of the day:  Romney's rise in the polls; Mirakarimi getting back his job as San Francisco sheriff, despite being convicted of domestic violence; and the spread of Sudden Oak Death.  Also, a 14-year old girl being shot in Afghanistan.  Wretched.  In the late afternoon, I staggered off to Target to buy food for the Berkeley Food Pantry's neighborhood food project.  That revived me.  Take note, Paul Ryan.

For awhile, I've been envious of links and labels on other people's blogs, and this morning I went all out and investigated how to include a few on my own.  These are called "widgets" and "gadgets."  I hope they aren't too distracting.

I see that one of the widgets already has confused the Cal Bears with grizzly bears. Have no idea what to do about that.




No comments: