Monday, April 16, 2012

Loss of a Big Tall Daddy

Got sad news last night about the ex-husband of a close friend:  He died of alcohol poisoning  on Saturday after years of estrangement from his wife and two daughters.  That rattled around in my head last night while I was trying to get to sleep.  My friend and her daughters deserved much better from him than he was able to give, and it is just enormously sad.  He loved his tiny daughters and they him, and there are moving photographs today on both girls' Facebook pages of them with their big daddy years ago.

The sleep doctor told me no lighted screens before bedtime, no computer, no TV.  Last night, I cheated and checked my e-mail and learned this sad news.   I wanted to say to the sleep doctor:  "Lady, sometimes life interferes."  Sometimes it shakes you up all over and takes command of your heart. 

Love to D.,  L.,  and A.

No comments: