Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Whose Pants Are These, Anyway?

I've been having a string of mad, bad moments.  Last week I bought two pairs of expensive Italian flats because they fit, and I'd already had several disappointing innings with Zappos, The Walk Shop, and Nordstrom online.  The real-life  salesman at Nordstrom was ecstatic.

Over the weekend, I regained my sanity,  and yesterday I went to Walnut Creek to return one pair.  Good girl!  But then my (disappointed?)  feet carried me upstairs to a moderately-priced department called "Narrative," where I had two hours of mad, bad moments with my favorite salesperson, Geri.  She is older and understands about bothersome bulges and upper arms needing to be covered.  She also pushes me to try something new, something a little trendy.

This spring is all about neon colors (turqouise and orange are very big), metallic shoes/sandals, and tightly pegged, cropped pants.  Much of this I dismissed, but I did, dear reader, buy two pairs of cropped, ankle-length pants in which I can hardly breathe (see above).    Among several other items.

Note that I  am not modeling these pants.  I tried them on last night while we were cooking dinner, and Jerry, admittedly the ultimate non-fashionista, said, "Are they supposed to be that short?"  They looked ridiculous.  Even with the expensive Italian flats. 

The orange is actually red
The tops I bought  are flirty and make me feel younger, and I guess the cropped pants did, too, for a fleeting moment in the store.    Otherwise, as Geri says, "I would have "let them go," which is probably what I'm going to do.

But if I have more mad, bad moments and you see me wearing the pants, please be kind.

No comments: