Friday, February 3, 2012

Getting Away from the Airwaves

My house seemed full of bad news yesterday.  In my studio, where I listen to NPR, it was all about the Susan G. Komen Foundation, which was  cutting up very badly,  aided in full by the Republicans, who, as Jerry says, are never satisfied just to let people be.

I switched to TV, and there was Leon Panetta speculating that Israel may attack Iran in the spring, very scary.  After lunch, I got in my car and sped away from it all. 

First, I drove to Office Depot, where I bought a package of ten lanyards.  This didn't do much for my spirits, but it got me out of the house, and I learned what lanyards are (cords you wear around your neck attached to a plastic nametag).   Then I went to North Berkeley farmer's market where  I bought two bunches of calendulas for $5.00.  The woman who wrapped them up assured me that I could put them in salads. Instead, they're on the kitchen windowsill.  Thanks to Susan G., I am now boycotting pink. 




No comments: