Thursday, February 16, 2012

The Problem with Pints

The real thing, too,  not fro-yo. 

We bought it for dessert on Valentine's Day.  Jerry ate some and left town. ("You're leaving me!  With ice cream!  Fine!")   I waited until yesterday to eat some because first I  had  to have blood drawn for a routine cholesterol test.  I came home from LabCorp, circled the freezer for a few hours, and ate some.  It was delicious, with crunchy bits of macaroon.  Today I ate the rest of it.  Might as well, I thought.  There's so little left. 

The new indoor Albany pool
Also today, my water exercise class moved back  to the Albany Pool, which was rebuilt over the past two years. ( We've been refugees at the Richmond Swim Center.)  The lane configuration isn't right for us yet; we're stuck in the shallow, where we can't do vigorous exercise. So we all stood around in the water and chatted. Didn't do much to counteract the effects of full-fat ice cream. 

It's spring in Berkeley, and when I picked up my friend Anne this morning to go to the pool, there were plum trees in full flower up and down her street. We used to live on that street, and the flowering plum trees always meant Valentine's Day.


Flowering plum trees along Capistrano Avenue

No comments: