Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day: Year 36




We had our Valentine's Day celebration at breakfast today: an exchange of cards (Jerry's was the funniest) and gifts (chocolates for him, flowers for me).  Then I leapt up and was out the door to the pool,  Jerry went upstairs to fiddle with moths, and it was just another day.

With a sweet touch.

The pink foil-wrapped hearts were from my friend Anne.  I gobbled them after swimming, with a cup of hot tea.  


We have no special plans for dinner.  In fact, I have no idea what we're going to do.  We've got a fridge full of food and no inclination to cook it.  And no reservation anywhere.


A full fridge thanks to yesterday's trip to Berkeley Bowl






Late this afternoon, I dashed into Andronico's for a few forgotten items.  The flower department was burgeoning.  I watched one man pick up roses and then irises and let them drip while he made up his mind.


Massed azaleas








My favorite of San Francisco Chronicle columnist Leah Garchik's overheard remarks on the topic of romance:

"Well, we were seeing each other until I inadvertently slept with another man."  (Woman to woman, overheard at Royal Exchange)

Love it.





























No comments: