Thursday, February 7, 2013

Fab Gizmo


I found this on Amazon last month, and I was so happy:

Omega International Travel Adaptor, $15.99

 It's a plug adaptor that works in almost any country you can name.  I bought one in England a few years ago, loved it, and then left it behind  in a hotel room. Tragedy!  No luck finding online until last month.


You twist the wring with the arrow so it's pointing to the plug system you want and out pops the right configuration of prongs at the other end.  It's a miracle!





 And then plug in at the other end:



 This works for so many countries on so many continents, that you need a magnifying glass to read them all:


Oh, I'm in love with this thing!  Jerry thinks I'm nuts.  But he won't when we're traveling and he wants to recharge his camera while I'm using my computer and my (240V) heating pad.  I bought two!

It doesn't convert 110V (American) to 220V (European), and you can burn out a 110V appliance, by using a plug adaptor to plug it into a 220V outlet.  But most cameras, computers, and phones automatically convert the voltage.

This is what Jerry came home to last night:




A luggage convention.   I'd just unpacked a suitcase from Amazon--a 22" expandable that is HALF the weight of my old one.  To hell with that!   I was assessing our overall luggage capability (pretty good at this point).

Gearing up!






















No comments: