Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The evolving quilt...

I've been working on the quilt I'm going to offer to any blog reader who likes it enough to make a donation to the Berkeley Food Pantry.  I found a quilt pattern I liked it--the Sawtooth Star--and I liked the example pictured in a book.

I counted the number of fabrics the quilters who wrote the book used in their version: Eight.  I tried that.  Didn't work.  Bored me.  Did another version: too busy, hurt my eyes.  Here's a version from a few weeks ago:



Perfectly nice, but it didn't do it for me.  No point in going to the  trouble of sewing a quilt that doesn't SEND you. (In fact, I did sew together some of those stars, only to take them apart so I could include other fabrics.)

Here's the latest version:  


Very much in process, but at least it doesn't bore me  






No comments: