Thursday, January 13, 2011

Re Starbuck's from former cynic...

Today I packed up my Lenovo in an unfashionable computer case that looks like a briefcase (own no sleeve, but then I AM old) and hauled it down to Starbuck's, where I sat without fidgeting for 2-1/2 hours writing up my journal, doing e-mail, and having an interesting time watching the peeps. The notorious Crossword Puzzle Man, who sat to my right at the computer table, was there most of the time. He apparently arrives around 5:30 am, according to my friend Annika, who worked at that Starbuck's for two summers. I almost asked him about his psych meds (or is Starbuck's a modality, as therapists would say?)

Fortunately I had read an article somewhere re etiquette of computer users in cafe's and so was only moderately startled when young man who replaced Crossword Puzzler asked me to watch his computer while he went to the bathroom. Oh, I was cool! He returned, and we typed away.

No comments: