Monday, July 13, 2015

Dept. of Domestic Chaos & Quilt Update


Quilt update:  Bidding stands at $400.  You have until noon tomorrow to bid.  More bids most welcome and  for a good cause (tax deductible contribution to the Berkeley Food Pantry).








* * * * *


Jerry's study on Sunday afternoon

This weekend was dedicated to a massive re-shuffling of STUFF.  As I mentioned earlier Jerry has to vacate his campus office (note: took possession in 1967), and guess what?  His study at home is not going to absorb it all.  No way.  Not even close.

We've cleaned out the basement so that some of it can go there.  I've come up with a handful of things I'm ready to part with via Craigslist, and on Saturday we lugged those items upstairs so I could photograph them against something more attractive than basement chaos:

 Now parked in the entryway: Relics from my Chintz Period, before I took up quilting and had no room for them in my studio.



Clutter in the living room:  Amish Nursing Rocker (left), a rust-colored chair of indeterminate period (center), and floor lamp with substitute (teetering) shade.  Destination:  Craigslist and then to the curb.


After two days of work, this is what the basement looks like:

Won't last:  Center of the room is destined to become a parking place for file cabinets


These seem to proliferate.  How many do we need?



 Jerry's getting his mind around dispensing with his "logo golf ball collection."  Similar collections for sale on e-bay, would you believe?

Ordinarily, I stay out of Jerry's professional life, all aspects--including organization.  But this move threatens to take over the house.

On the other hand, look what I've done to the dining table:


 Asian porcelain that my dad collected, which my sister and I are hoping to sell at auction.


My goal this week:  To get rid of some of this stuff, somehow, somewhere.






No comments: