Tuesday, June 10, 2014

A Small Visitor Locates Excitement

 
 
 
We had a young visitor for lunch yesterday.  Raylan is the son of a former graduate student of Jerry's, Dan, and his wife Michelle, who were visiting from Hawaii.  At 18-months old, Raylan was a little bored in a house with only three very small cars to play with:
 
 
(The bandage is due to a fall off the bed that required a visit to the ER and five stitches.)

Then he discovered the phone:
 
I don't know what he did, but now all the visual prompts are in French


Things were looking up:



And suddenly he was a very busy guy:



* * * * *
 
I bought a string of "pearls" to wear to a wedding when I was in San Francisco last week.  They were marked $25, but by the time the salesperson had subtracted some mystery sales percent and then scanned a coupon she pulled out of a drawer, they cost $13.  Sweet!
 
Tried them on at home, and I felt as though I were being strangled.  Too tight.  Ran them down to the local jewelry store to see if something could be done.  Yes.  Two inches of links added to the clasp. I can breathe!  The cost:  $13.  So much for the savings:
 

Definite old-lady neck, but I'm wearing them anyway.
 
* * * * *
 
I'm not going to address the recent random shootings, except to say that I'm going bald from tearing my hair out.  Which I guess is okay, because a client at the Food Pantry on Monday said, "I really like your hair!"  I thanked her, and then she said, "Of course, it isn't just cut."  It was cut last Friday. 
 
 Oh, well.


No comments: