Sunday, October 6, 2013

Department of Outrageous Real Estate Transactions


Update on the house that I reported on a few months ago: a ruin with rotting floors, non-functioning bathroom, extensive water damage,  on the market for $599,000.  To refresh your memory:






Last week, I  found out that the selling price was $973,250. 

Yes, you read right.  There were 13-18 bidders on a court-ordered sale,  according to two real estate agents I've heard from. The house is in North Berkeley, a couple of blocks from ours.

I'm astounded.  I'm faint.  How can it be?  Who wanted this house that badly?

                                                                         ***

Also--pictures soon from the New York City trip, especially of Wave Hill, the estate 25 minutes north of Manhattan in Riverdale.  I was so entranced with the artistry of the landscaping that about a third of my photos are of that.  Here are a couple:

Overlooking the Hudson River
 
 
Beautiful colors and textures everywhere we looked
 


No comments: