Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Bras, Blog, and a Very Short Marriage



First, bras.

My friend Val found an article in the Huffington Post, "10 Bra Mistakes You're Probably Making (And How to Fix Them)".  These are the mistakes that caught my eye:

Wearing a bra two days in a row.  This is apparently a no-no, because the elastic needs to "rest" between wear.  Now this made me cranky--who's in charge here?  Do I have to pamper my bras?
 (Yes.)

Washing bras with Woolite--very bad (not that I've ever done it--Woolite is too expensive).  Wash in cold water, says a bra expert, because the "cold water shocks it."  See above.

I'm beginning to think bras are lazy.

Keeping bras too long.  Worn correctly, a bra should last only eight months. (At those prices?!)

Fastening your bra on the tightest hooks.  Those are for when it's stretched out.  When you buy the bra, it should fit comfortably on the tightest hooks.

Think you can wear one bra with every type of outfit.  Seamed bras aren't so good under knits, but seamless bras aren't enough support for certain dresses/tops.  Makes sense, but a hassle.

All of this is a hassle. How about going to Ross, buying something that approximately fits, and washing the hell out of it until there's no elastic left at all?

                                                                            2.

Next, the blog.

air mattress test
I'm going to revamp it,--not so much  the content, although I'm open to suggestions (one friend says the blogs that mention Jerry are the best).

I want tabs, for example, so readers can check certain topics, but I got to thinking about it, and the tabs on my blog would look kind of odd: quilting, travel, marriage,  insomnia, vanity, death.  Also,  First Ladies.  A blog of eccentricities.

Now I'm trying to find someone who's adept at designing personal blogs.  Most people are adept enough to do this on their own, but not me.  Any ideas?

With his camera case (since disappeared; he decided it was too foolish, I think)


                                                                             3.

And finally:

Today I read that a bride pushed her husband over a cliff in Glacier National Park in July after a week of marriage.  That was astounding enough, but then I read on. 

A friend of the groom's family said, "Nobody is shocked at all...She'd been telling people she knew she never wanted to be married, she just wanted to have a wedding..."

Wouldn't an annulment have been easier?



No comments: