Monday, November 14, 2016

Freeing Up Cash for Hand Cream


Still plugging away
Four years ago, I had a maddening time trying to cancel a recurring donation to the Obama campaign.  I finally managed it online, but it took persistence.

This morning,  I went to the Clinton website to cancel a recurring donation, and again I couldn't figure out how to stop the flow of money.  ("Flow" is a misnomer--it was $25 a month.)  They would acknowledge that I had an account, but then tell me I'd made no donations.  Finally, I called the credit card company and stopped the payments that way.

I felt a little guilty, but I did it.  I mean, Hillary lost, and my money isn't going to make her or me feel any better.  Also, I did some math in bed last night and realized that the cost of the monthly donation would just about buy a tube of a new hand cream I've discovered that's really given me a lift.

Here it is:

 True to its promise, it "fortifie[s] les ongles"

Clarins  Hand and Nail Treatment Cream, which I bought on impulse at Boots when we were in England because I'd forgotten to bring some.  I liked the feel of the cream when I squeezed from the the tester, and any way I was on vacation, so I was entitled to be extravagant.  Also, I forgot to convert pounds to dollars.

I tried it, and, readers, I recommend it HIGHLY.   This stuff works!  My nails have greatly improved--glossy and stronger, and the dreaded ridges are much less evident.  My hands are smooth.   There's a reason the online reviews are so glowing.

You can find this stuff at Sephora  or  Nordstrom.  Do not blanch at the price!  You have put in your years with Neutrogena or Jergens, and it's your time to splurge.  Besides, you use very little of it.  When you look at your hands, you'll feel younger.  

Okay, maybe it's not that transformative (youth), but you'll enjoy it.  I recommended it to my friend Lin over the weekend when I was in San Jose, and she went directly to Sephora and bought it.  This after a lunch where we lamented Hillary's loss and tried and failed to understand how any woman could vote for that other person.

Onward.

No comments: