Monday, November 30, 2015

Clinging to November




 It's still fall!  It's not Christmas!

Right now, I'm having no problem holding out against The Season, but I know that around December 15th, my defenses will crumble, and I'll pull out a few decorations from the boxes in the basement, buy a wreath to stick on the front door, and order a (very) few gifts online. 


Until then, the world seems mad.  This rush to spend money!  To buy TVs and notebooks and every other sort of toy at 30%, 40%, 50% off! Consumerism run amok.   

I'll be happy if I hear from a few college roommates and my English cousins. Those would be welcome Christmas treats.  Another one:  We're going to Suzanne's house for Christmas dinner, and I'm trying to talk her into renting a karaoke machine.  Anyone have one we could borrow? 
 
* * * * *

I'm sick about the shootings at Planned Parenthood.  I'm still puzzled and outraged by Donald Trump.  Turkey and Russia seem embroiled in a temper tantrum a deux.   Obama's coming into his own, but I'm thinking that God Him/Herself couldn't impose gun control in the USA. I've taken to re-reading PD James's autobiography, "A Time to Be In Earnest" and watching "The Vicar of Dibley."  Good thing we have tickets to England next year.  Apparently, peace lives there (except the Brits have now embraced Black Friday).

Onward.  




.


No comments: