Monday, May 6, 2013

The Queen's Pissed




 An eventful weekend:  Jerry and I bought twin pairs of hiking shoes, and my sister put me in the picture on Kim Kardashian's armpit. (It's flabby from pregnancy weight gain and she's hysterical.)

But this is better.  Today I found out that Helen Mirren, starring in a play called "The Audience" in London, was so mad at street drummers disrupting her performance as Queen (yes!), that she ran out at intermission and berated them.

 According to USA Today, the drummers said,"This little old lady came running out in a green dress, pearls, and a tiara and headed for the conductor [of the drummers]."

 "She was saying 'shut the (expletive) up, people have paid (effing) a hundred pounds for their theater tickets'...You couldn't get a word in edgeways; she was on a proper rant."

Helen Mirren in "The Audience," now playing in London




Later Mirren said, "I'm afraid there were a few 'thespian words used.  They got a very stern royal ticking off, but I have to say they were very sweet and they stopped immediately."

Is a tiara all it takes?



No comments: