Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Saying Good-By to Rob

My mind is pretty much taken up right now with flying to Los Angeles on Friday to say good-by to my friend  of nearly 50 years, Rob Remley.  He is dying of  duodenal cancer.   I've seen him intermittently during the time he's been sick, and he 's always been full of hope, but the disease has caught up with him.   Doctors predict he will live only another week.

I don't know what I'm going to say, which has me a little worried, but I figure (hope)  it will come to me while I'm sitting with him.  In the meantime, my sister has sent a recipe for excellent oatmeal cookies, which I may make tomorrow and take with me for other friends of  Rob's coming to say good-by.  I'm also taking a quilt label to embroider and a book to read while I fly and  while I wait, which is going to take up most of the day, except for the half hour or so I have with Rob.

No comments: