Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Libby and Me

Libby McCann is the daughter of one of my college roommates, and she has a blog called "Style Extraordinaire."  It's a fresh, engaging blog with on-the-mark fashion updates geared mostly for women considerably younger than I am.  She's 25 and a fashion stylist in LA.

Her blog for today is "Beauty sleep prep," and she lays out--literally, in a compact arrangement she photographed--the products and implements she uses at bedtime.  I took it all in, from make-up remover to acne wash to clarifying lotion and on through eye cream.  Plus a Mason Pearson hairbrush.

My own sleep time prep starts with a heavy emphasis on dental equipment.  First, floss.  Then an egg cup of toothpicks and an implement I stick a toothpick into, tighten, and then poke around at my teeth with so I can avoid gum disease.  Then floss again. After that, a quick face wash with some blue stuff called "Lait Nettoyant," which is overpriced but I've used it for years and don't want to change horses.  That's followed by "Creme 28," which is for dehydrated skin, or "peaux deshydratees," as the French manufacturer calls it, which sounds a bit more glammy. Oh, and occasionally I work some age-spot fading cream from an ancient sample tube given to me by a dermatologist and dab that on.  All this in my salle de bains.

Check out Libby's blog.   It's fun to read and a bit nostalgic.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

thanks liz! here is the link to my blog:

http://www.style-extraordinaire.com/