Monday, August 8, 2011

Relax-O-Reads

It's August, which means you can read any old thing you want.  Say you're going to the beach or (bliss) to a rental house in Inverness or to your own personal deck or patio, and it's been a harassing day or is going to be, and you want something engaging but not a downer.  Here is my list of reliable relax-o-reads:

1. A Walk in the Woods, Bill Bryson
2. I Feel Bad About My Neck, Nora Ephron
3. My Family and Other Animals, Gerald Durrell
4. Home Cooking, Laurie Colwin
5. Notes from a Small Island, Bill Bryson
6. Farm City, Novella Carpenter

And at the trashier end, gobble, gobble:

7. One Fifth Avenue, Candace  Bushnell
8. Long Time No See, Susan Issacs

I have read all but Farm City multiple times.  If you have a bed partner, you will wake him/her up  laughing if you're reading Bryson or Durrell.

Please share your relaxing reads with me, and I will post them.  Time to kick back.

No comments: